|Nothing beats a classic. Cocobola forearm and butt with six Turquoise/Cocobola/Recon ivory points, six sets of Turquoise/Recon ivory inlays, stainless steel joint, German brass rings, and Turquoise/Cocobola/Recon ivory "web" inlays over Birds-eye Maple handle. This cue is one of McDermott's most sought-after classic designs, now updated with an I-2 shaft.
Since 1975, McDermott Handcrafted Cues has made it their mission to raise the bar of what billiard players expect from a high performance cue. Drawing on the latest technology and a state-of-the-art facility, each year McDermott consistently delivers tasteful yet aggressive designs.
Over 150 separate operations are used to build each McDermott cue. After the original design is developed, a CAD programmer uses CAM software to translate the design into machining language. The design is then sent to a sophisticated milling machine so sensitive it can hold tolerances to within one thousandth of an inch, even on the most unique and highly detailed designs.
Experienced finish artisans hand-apply stain coloration by hand, one cue at a time. McDermott inlays are precision milled from a variety of exotic woods, precious metals, pearls, ivory and specialty composites. Each inlay and ring is inset by hand to ensure a perfect fit. Each cue is finished with a moisture-barrier to prevent warpage and give the trademark McDermott high-gloss finish.
Mc Dermott Quality
- All McDermott shafts are made from the finest kiln-dried hand-selected North American Hard Rock Maple and are turned 11 times. Each shaft is machined, bored and CNC-thread cut for consistency.
- McDermott hand selects only the finest woods from around the globe and ages it for 18 to 24 months, storing and machining each piece three times to let moisture escape.
- The tri-core butt construction McDermott utilizes promotes straightness over the cue’s lifetime.
- McDermott’s wood-to-wood joints provide consistent surface contact, delivering the most solid hit in the industry.
- McDermott also uses an exclusive Impact Control Ring, which is made from a polymer matrix composite originally developed by NASA.
- McDermott cues feature chrome tanned water buffalo medium hard triangle tips and hand-glued and screwed fine weave linen-based Ivorine III ferrules.
McDermott Cues and performance shafts are proudly made in the U.S.A. and include a lifetime warranty against warpage.
I-2: Super Control
Quality Specs From The Manufacturer
One cue, three shafts, three sets of shot conditions.
McDermott's Intimidator i-Series Shaft System gives players the freedom to change power and spin-rate to maximize the speed and accuracy of shots in a way never before possible.
The patented Intimidator i-Series Shaft System has identified the variable characteristics required in your game (Power, Control, Feel), and utilizing proprietary Intimidator Carbon Energy (ICE) technology, designed the industry's most radial consistent shaft for varying skill levels, shot types, and table speeds.
The Isolator™ Vibration Dampener Technology
The Isolator™ is a vibration dampener with a unique design that solidifies the shaft core by effectively filling all voids and air spaces. Reducing shaft vibrations gives the player greater stability.
Greater Stability Equals Greater Control
The Isolator™ technology makes for the most stable shaft on the market. The same player, with the same stroke, is able to enhance their performance dramatically.
What is radial consistency and why is it important?
All shafts deflect with the grain of the wood. To help counter this, other companies cut pie shapes, which increases radial consistency. McDermott went a different route, totally eliminating all of the natural inherent characteristics of wood with their carbon fiber shaft core. McDermott is so confident of our radial consistency that they offer a Lifetime Warranty against warpage.
I-Shaft 2 Specifications
Tip: Moori medium, Tip diameter: 12.75mm, Taper: 10-12" professional, Shaft length: 29" standard, Ferrule: 1/4" Ivorine 3.
Birds-eye Maple, Cocobola
Standardized weighting system 18oz-21oz available
Tri-core butt construction for straightness
(Black with etched McDermott logo